Product Liability Defense
California Defective Product Defense Lawyers
The Lucas & Haverkamp name is widely recognized as a leader in product liability defense. We have successfully defended some of the largest corporations in the nation, including StairMaster, Hitachi, ViewSonic, Costco, Home Depot and many others (see below).
Defective product claims are among the most complicated cases trial lawyers face. These are generally multimillion dollar lawsuits that threaten a defendant’s reputation and economic stability. At Lucas & Haverkamp, we are corporate lawyers and litigators who understand how businesses operate. Our sophisticated approach to product liability defense is geared toward reducing our clients’ public exposure while helping them maintain profitability.
In today’s marketplace, consumer goods involve a broad chain of distribution. From design to sale, the pool of potential defendants is vast. Plaintiffs’ lawyers know this, and they cast a large net. Unfortunately, even the hint of liability can financially devastate a modest company. We represent designers, manufacturers, distributors, and merchants defending their livelihood against unjust claims. We have worked with clients in numerous industries involving a wide array of products including:
- Consumer electronics
- Electrical testing devices
- Power tools
- Construction equipment
- Building products
- Motor vehicles
- Recreational equipment
- Medical equipment and devices
- Safety equipment
- Beauty products
Experienced Attorneys in Your Corner
At Lucas & Haverkamp, we have defended product liability claims for over 40 years. Whatever comes your way, you can feel confident knowing we have the experience and knowledge to address every issue in your case. As trial lawyers who have represented multinational companies headquartered around the world, we regularly go toe to toe with large corporate firms. We are familiar with their tactics, and we do not back down until our clients are satisfied. We have defended all manner of defective product claims, including:
- Design defects
- Breach of warranty
- Manufacturing defects
- Marketing defects
- Failure to warn
Protecting Your Bottom Line
Because we are business lawyers, we know exactly what a product liability claim can do to a company’s bottom line. From the very beginning of your case, we focus on achieving the best outcome while using the most cost-effective methods available. Although other firms tackle cases with blind aggression, this is not always best for the client. Whenever possible, we do everything in our power to resolve cases through negotiation, mediation, and other forms of dispute resolution.
When cases require litigation, we work directly with the client to create an effective defense strategy. As experienced litigators, we draw upon a variety of resources to support our client’s position. With the help of industry experts, witness testimony, and scientific evidence, we build a strong defense in your case.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Case
To learn more about our firm and our compelling record of success in the area of product liability defense, contact us today at (858) 535-4000.
Representative Product Liability Defense Clients
- Extech Instruments
- Mizuho OSI
- Edgewater Marine
- Parker Marine
- L.A. Chemical, Inc.
- U.S. Futaba
- Pro Circuit Products
- Mario Andretti Racing Experience
Significant Product Liability Defense Results and Engagements:
- Defense verdict for manufacturer of asphalt paving machine involving multiple orthopedic injuries to machine operator.
- Defense verdict for pool filter/pump manufacturer involving explosion at Kroc estate causing facial disfigurement to plaintiff.
- Defense verdict for manufacturer of operating room tables and head/neck support devices in case involving carotid artery dissection/brain aneurism.
- Defense verdict for printing press manufacturer in case involving partial amputation of hand and fingers.
- Defense verdict for rubber molding press manufacturer in case involving amputation of fingers.
- Defense verdict for manufacturer of stairclimbing machine involving fractures and dislocations of both shoulders.
- Summary judgment for manufacturer of chemical cleansers involving explosion of commercial washing machine and multiple orthopedic/amputation injuries to multiple plaintiffs.
- Successful defense/dismissal of cases against major manufacturer of computer monitors in cases involving multi-million dollar fire losses.