Catastrophic Injury/Wrongful Death
California Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Defense Attorneys
Catastrophic injury claims and wrongful death cases are emotional and complex. At Lucas & Haverkamp, we help clients defend themselves against these emotionally-charged claims. Although we sympathize with individuals and families who have endured tragic events, we also know that not all claims are just or accurate. When you have been accused of causing a catastrophic injury or a death, you have a lot riding on your defense. Our clients are product manufacturers and business owners with their livelihood and reputation on the line. We are seasoned litigators with the experience, skill, and resources to successfully defend these intricate cases.
Defending Catastrophic Injury Claims
When catastrophic accidents happen, it is natural to look for someone to blame. At Lucas & Haverkamp, we understand that victims of serious personal injuries endure tremendous hurt and frustration. However, we also believe in our clients’ right to defend themselves against unfair accusations and frivolous claims. We work one on one with our clients to create a defense designed to minimize liability and reduce damages. Everything we do is geared toward obtaining the best results in the most efficient way possible.
Because personal injury claims hinge on the plaintiff’s ability to prove a link between the injury and the defendant, we focus our efforts on determining the reason for the accident. Our litigation team draws upon resources from a variety of disciplines, including physicians, accident reconstructionists, engineers, and economists. Using comprehensive investigative techniques and expert reports, we help our clients build a strong case designed to achieve results. We have defended clients in a variety of injury claims, including
- Vehicle accidents
- Workplace and industrial accidents
- Dangerous and defective products
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability claims
Wrongful Death Defense
At Lucas & Haverkamp, we do not take on a case unless we passionately believe in our client’s position. We sympathize with family members grieving the loss of a loved one, but we are also committed to protecting our clients from liability they do not deserve. We defend these emotional cases with integrity and skill. Wrongful death cases involve much more than financial consequences. In most cases, our client’s reputation is on the line. With so much at stake, it is critical to work with a legal team with an established record of success. As litigators, we are not intimidated by the tactics used by plaintiffs’ counsel. Through a combination of preparation and skill, we help juries see beyond the emotion to the true facts of the case.
California Business Lawyers
Our attorneys are committed to defending the rights of our business clients. With decades of litigation experience and a reputation as one of California’s premier personal injury defense firms, we help our clients achieve superior results. Contact us today at (858) 535-4000.
Significant Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Results and Engagements:
- Defense verdict for city of Anaheim in wrongful death case involving fall from bridge after Coldplay concert at Honda Center.
- Defense verdict for rubber molding press manufacturer in finger amputation case.
- Retained to represent mechanical contractor in natural gas explosion case in which plaintiff suffered severe head and neck injuries.
- Retained to represent excess insurance carrier in connection with vehicular accident in which claimant suffered traumatic brain injury.
- Retained to represent developer in wrongful death case involving fire at residence due to defective construction which resulted in homeowner’s death and wife’s injuries from dragging husband’s body out of fire.